Top U2 News Stories
Place Bell employees said the Irish rock group is in town to rehearse eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE show, scheduled to hit the Bell Centre on June 5-6
By Montreal Gazette/PRESSE CANADIENNE
Irish rock group U2 has chosen Quebec, and more specifically Laval, to rehearse for its next international tour, eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE, that kicks off on May 2 in Tulsa, Okla.
Employees at Place Bell in Laval confirmed to Presse Canadienne that the popular group is in town to rehearse the show, which will stop in Montreal for two nights in June.
Several staff members wearing badges with the name of the group were seen. Some were more talkative than others, and none wanted to be identified.
An artist's rendering of the claw at Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Photo courtesy of LLPA
Largest stage in history heads to Salt Lake City's Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
By Andy Greene, Rolling Stone
In June of 2009, Brent Andersen - the founder and CEO of the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Salt Lake City - headed over to Barcelona, Spain to see U2 kick off their 360° world tour. Long before he even got to his seat at Camp Nou stadium, he caught glimpse of the Claw, the single largest stage ever constructed. "I didn't even want to walk into the stadium," says Andersen. "I was kind of holding up the line because I just wanted to look at it and take it in. I didn't really view it as just simply a functional piece of architecture. For me, it was a dynamic sculpture. It was a work of art."
When the aquarium acquired nine new acres of nearby land for an expansion, Andersen's mind went back to the Claw and an article he read about how the group was selling it. Boston real estate firm Panther Management even launched a website to showcase how it could be used as a permanent concert stage, an exhibition hall, a theme park, a civic plaza or even a biodome. Andersen reached out and struck a deal to acquire the one used on the North American tour. (Another claw was used for the European dates and a third one appears to have been disassembled.) If all goes according to plan, it will be fully in place by June of 2019.
- 04.12.18 U2 is using Place Bell in Laval to rehearse for upcoming tour
- 04.11.18 U2's Enormous Claw Stage to Become Permanent Installation
- 03.05.18 Reissues of three classic U2 albums coming in April
- 02.01.18 U2 performed "Get Out of Your Own Way" at the 60th Grammy Awards
- 01.18.18 U2 set to perform at the 2018 Grammy Awards in New York City
- 01.17.18 U2 add 13 shows to 2018's Experience + Innocence Tour
- 01.02.18 Bono: The Rolling Stone Interview
- 12.20.17 Watch video clips of U2 at the BBC
- 12.08.17 Bono and The Edge shock commuters in Berlin performing U2 songs on the U2 line
- 12.03.17 Watch U2's performances from SNL
- 12.01.17 Review: U2 Faces Down Mortality, Reconnects With the Power of Music
- 11.27.17 U2's Songs of Experience is full of desperation and meaty hooks in equal measure
- 11.13.17 U2 accept the Global Icon Award at the 2017 MTV EMAs and perform at Trafalgar Square in London
- 11.10.17 U2 will perform in London's Trafalgar Square Saturday night
- 11.03.17 New photographs of "Songs of Experience" album packaging
- 10.31.17 U2's vinyl single of "The Blackout" will be released on Record Store Day
- 09.30.17 New single "You're the Best Thing About Me" accompanied by three different music videos
- 09.25.17 How U2's Joshua Tree Tour Takes On Trump
- 09.17.17 U2, Ed Sheeran St. Louis Concerts Canceled Amid Violent Protests
- 09.12.17 Exclusive Photographs from the U2 Concert in Buffalo, September 5, 2017
Latest U2 Concert
Opening Act(s): None
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Gift - Get Out of Your Own Way
- You're the Best Thing About Me
- Beautiful Day - Starman
- Vertigo - Rebel Rebel
- One - Invisible
- Get Out of Your Own Way
U2 performed tonight in Trafalgar Square in front of 7,000 people in conjunction with their appearance on the 2017 MTV EMA Awards. New single "Get Out of Your Own Way" was performed for the very first time live as well as twice, the second time for a live music video shoot. Prior to the first version of "Get Out of Your Own Way", Bono read a piece of Czeslaw Milosz's poem "Gift" (this performance of the song ended up being aired live during the MTV EMA Awards on Sunday). For the second version of "Get Out of Your Own Way", protest signs were distributed to the audience members for the music video. Bono stated that the song was a "protest against yourself" but later joked that "if you want to protest us, that's cool." At the end of the song, Bono took a megaphone and shouted out Kendrick Lamar's rap lyrics from the studio version of the song.
- 10.26.17 October 25, 2017 - São Paulo, Brazil - Estádio do Morumbi
- 10.23.17 October 22, 2017 - São Paulo, Brazil - Estádio do Morumbi
- 10.22.17 October 21, 2017 - São Paulo, Brazil - Estádio do Morumbi
- 10.20.17 October 19, 2017 - São Paulo, Brazil - Estádio do Morumbi
- 10.15.17 October 14, 2017 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional