"The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)" official music video
Top U2 News Stories
Couple claim they suffered significant loss due to alleged unsuitable investment advice
by Mary Carolan, Irish Times
U2 drummer Larry Mullen and his partner have sued their former accountants claiming they have suffered significant loss of more than €11 million due to alleged unsuitable investment advice.
The alleged advice related, among other matters, to a €3 million investment in a 'European hotel fund' and a €4.5 million loan for an investment in Romania, it is claimed.
In addition to at least €7 million investment losses, the couple claim they have incurred further significant liabilities related to loans issued in connection with the investments and bank funding costs.
The case relates to agreements dating from late 2000 under which Mr Mullen and his partner Ann Acheson allege they retained Gaby Smyth and Company accountants and/or Gaby Smyth as a sole trader in relation to their financial, taxation and investment affairs.
In case you missed it, all four members of U2 recorded an acoustic live session on Jo Whiley's BBC Radio 2 Show at Maida Vale in London on October 15. The band was also interviewed by Jo Whiley. Listen to U2 performing "The Miracle", "Every Breaking Wave", "Cedarwood Road", "Song for Someone" and "Stuck in a Moment":
- 10.20.14 U2's Larry Mullen sues accountants over €11m loss
- 10.19.14 U2 performs a live acoustic session on Jo Whiley's BBC Radio 2 Music Show on October 15, 2014
- Bono and Larry Mullen are interviewed on iHeartRadio in Miami, October 17, 2014
- Watch U2's performances of "The Miracle" and "Song for Someone" on the Graham Norton Show from Thursday, October 16, 2014
- 10.17.14 Bono: I've had glaucoma for past 20 years
- 10.16.14 Bono and the Edge are interviewed on Lauren Laverne's BBC 6 Music show
- 10.15.14 U2's Bono issues apology for automatic Apple iTunes album download
- 10.14.14 The #U2NoFilter question and answer Facebook session from U2
- Bono and the Edge perform "The Miracle" and "Every Breaking Wave" on the French TV show "Le Grand Journal", October 14, 2014
- Iggy Pop criticises U2's free album ploy
- 10.13.14 Watch U2's performances of "The Miracle" and "Every Breaking Wave" from RAI Italian TV
- 10.12.14 Screenshots of U2's performances and interviews on the RAI Italian television show "Che Tempo Che Fa"!
- Bono: controversial tax laws have brought Ireland the only prosperity it's ever known
- 10.10.14 Bono on wife Ali: 'She's an elusive character and sees me as a figure of amusement'
- The Download Heard 'Round the World: iTunes Numbers Show 81 Million 'Experienced' U2 Album
- 10.09.14 The Dream Of Ridiculous Men
- 10.08.14 U2 to perform 'Songs Of Innocence' tracks on 'Later... with Jools Holland'
- 10.06.14 U2's "The Troubles" featured in 2 trailers for The Walking Dead Cable TV show
- 10.05.14 The incredible shrinking band: What's going on with U2?
- 10.03.14 U2 and Thom Yorke: the distribution debate has drowned out the music
There's no doubt that with all of the mobile bingo sites and social bingo apps there has been more and more people glued to their phones - but there's nothing more fun than sitting around with friends and having a cheeky natter or gossip whilst playing some great bingo games. It's also a great money saver too and adds a great social element into things so you can have a catch up all at the same time. You can even have a cheeky glass of plonk if you fancy!
Latest U2 Live Performance
Opening Act(s): Carney, Arcade Fire
Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Until The End Of The World - Anthem, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Ballad Of Springhill, Beautiful Day - Space Oddity, Elevation, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Miss Sarajevo, Zooropa, City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) - Discothèque - Life During Wartime - Psycho Killer, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Scarlet, Walk On. Encore(s): One, Hallelujah - Where The Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With Or Without You - Love Will Tear Us Apart, Moment Of Surrender, Out Of Control, 40.
It's the final concert of the U2 360 Tour as well as the first time U2 has ever played a show in New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada. "The Ballad Of Springhill" (aka: Springhill Mining Disaster) is performed for 30-40 seconds soon after "I Still Haven't Found..." and it is the first time U2 has played any portion of this song live since 1987. The band debuts "40" for the first time on the tour and it is the final song of the concert (in Pittsburgh only a snippet of "40" was performed at the end). It is the first time U2 has ever debuted an original song in the final show of a tour. Just prior to playing this song, U2 sprayed fans with a bottle of champagne, and at the end, each band member walked off the stage with Larry Mullen the last to leave. U2's most profitable tour (7.3 million tickets sold grossing over $736 million dollars) comes to a graceful conclusion.
- July 26, 2011 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - Heinz Field
- July 23, 2011 - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - TCF Bank Stadium
- July 20, 2011 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA - New Meadowlands Stadium
- July 17, 2011 - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - Busch Stadium
- July 14, 2011 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Lincoln Financial Field